My son is back in the hospital for the third time in two months. We last came home just a week and two days ago. It’s ridiculous how comfortable you get in some place like this.
You know you spend too much time in the hospital when:
- When you are home you miss being able to just walk downstairs to the gift shop to buy M&M’s.
- You know your nurses names, how many kids they have, and what shifts they work.
- The stuff you accidentally left in the pantry fridge is still there…because it was only last week.
- You know all the meals they serve the patients…and have favorites.
- You know which one is the good pudding.
- You miss certain nurses and staff personnel when you are home and want to friend them on Facebook.
- It freaks you out when you get the one room when the dry-erase board is in a different place than normal.
- You are shocked when you get a nurse who you don’t know.
- Your child has a favorite toy in the playroom.
- On the first day you’re admitted, you run into a hospital staff member who looks at you and says, “Wait, I thought you left?”
For those of you who have spent an abundance of time in a hospital, what would you add to this list?