Lately my posts have been a little heavy ranting about things people say, my grief, and long posts about how tired I am. I’m with you feeling like:
But this one is less emotional, drama, Jen-needs-valium, I promise.
Sooooo….This week I got a chain letter…via blog. The premise was that I was nominated for the Liebster award. To qualify, you have to answer some questions about you and then link to some other blogs that you “nominate”. My little skeptical side raised a red flag, and so I went to the ultimate wise one: Google.
Yeah, it’s a chain letter. Some even think the chain letter is in it’s way it’s own reward.
I’ve decided to play along…to a point, because it’s a little fun if not taken seriously.
First, I’ll link to the person who nominated me in the first place, because
OMG SOMEONE IS READING MY BLOG it was very nice for someone to think of me. Everyone say hello to Kim Rauker.
Second, there are required questions for you to answer from the previous nominee. They are actually pretty interesting so I thought I would give it a shot.
1. What inspires you?
Lately, my life. My husband, kids, and the way God is working is inspiring me to write. Other than that, there are four main inspirations in my life these days:
1) These days the book No More Perfect Moms by Jill Savage. Expect many, many, more posts about this book to come.
2) The podcast Nerdist Writers Panel. It’s a bunch of TV writers talking about their shows, their writing process, and the stories I adore.
3)Randomly old biographies of women like Nellie Taft or Washington Wife: Journal of Ellen Maury Slayden. It’s interesting to see how universal certain struggles, feelings, and dumb politics are, no matter what era you live in.
4) The good ‘ol pastor’s wife answer: Church. My church has some great sermons and bible studies that make me fill pages with inspiration and ideas.
2. If you could go anywhere, for as long as you wished, where would you go?
Hawaii and Italy. I know, Mrs. Obvious right?
3. Have you become what you wanted to be when you grew up?
Yes, because I am happy. But it looks COMPLETELY different than I would have thought.
4. If you could say one sentence that the whole world would hear, what would you say?
Stop bothering me. (That was actually chosen by my husband…possibly a commentary on our marriage.)
5. What is your definition of success?
Handing life’s drama life as gracefully as possible, and making your children proud.
6. Are you having fun yet?
Sure. I’m also eating bean dip and watching The Daily Show, so that’s pretty fun too.
7. What country are you from?
United States of America.
8. When you go for a walk, do you notice the world around you?
Yes, unless my child is trying to climb out of the stroller. Then I primarily notice the glass on the sidewalk and the car speeding by.
9. What do you do to relax?
Bubble baths baby!
10. Coffee, tea or both?
Half dark roast coffee, half Hazelnut Coffeemate = my bliss
Now instead of passing along the chain letter to more blogs. I’m going to be a downer, I know. BUT don’t cry just yet. I have another idea.
Why don’t YOU pick one of these questions, and answer it below. Cool right? Maybe? Think of it this way, I am willing to break a chain letter, take on 7-years bad luck, just to hear from you… feeling the guilt yet?
See cute baby.
Now answer a question.
P.s. Double points for anyone who answers #1.