There is a fun little thing going around Facebook where people come up with a number of things people don’t know about them. I decided to do mine here.
1) I can’t cook rice. I don’t know why, it just doesn’t work. I used to be able to, but then about three years ago some little nuclear bomb went off in the rice-making part of my brain and I haven’t been able to make a batch of rice that wasn’t mushy or under done since.
2) I can always justify shopping. It’s almost freakish.
3) I once swam with sharks in Bora Bora. Seriously. I was scared they were going to eat me! I was 10 and they were the size of me.
4) I hate all kinds of mint. I barely can brush my teeth without gagging, and I’d switch to kids toothpaste but it doesn’t leave my mouth feeling as clean.
5) I am paranoid about being a hypochondriac. To the point it’s almost debilitating. And I am paranoid about being crazy…My therapist laughed at me when I told him that. A lot.
6) I don’t paint my toenails because my husband finds it “creepy”. True story. It doesn’t matter hat color.
7) Green bell peppers dipped in sour cream is one of my favorite foods ever. Don’t knock it until you try it.
8) In college I was a intern-aholic, many times doing two at a time. I have completed internships at the following places: Sacramento Capitals World Team Tennis, The Lundquist Company (event planning), Solano Magazine, The City Times, Lucy & Company (PR firm), Senator Barbara Boxer’s Sacramento office, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, Community Legal Information Center- Restraining order clinic, and Chico’s Blue Room Theater.
9) Speaking of college, when I left I was two classes away from a paralegal certificate. I want to finish that some day.
10) 95% of the time I hate playing games with people. I am not very competitive and get really physically/mentally/emotionally uncomfortable when other people are, even a little. I’m also horrible at video games so I just die all the time. I like candyland, Tsuro, Apples to Apples, and Injustice (XBOX).